Best Options for Filipinos to Apply for a Study Permit – Student Direct Stream Process
Now with a Student Direct Stream (SDS), currently in place, applicants who would like to study for Canada and apply under this streamlined processing could expect the benefits of the following:
- Reduce the documents needed in presenting your financial resources – though Securing the Guarantee Investment Certificate ( GIC) at Scotia Bank more information on how to get this GIC can be found here http: www.scotiabank.com/studentgic program
- Can expect speedy processing of the decision upon submission of your study permit application at Canadian Embassy Manila, as in a regular stream – applicants could expect 2 months to be able to get the decision of your application. But under the SDS it would only take less than 1 month to get the decision of your application.
- More importantly, however lesser stress in preparation of your financial documents and submission to the Visa Office
However there are certain required documents to qualify under the Student Direct Stream as per Manila Visa Office Specific Visa Instruction (apart from general requirements as we use to known with) as follow:
- An applicant whose applying for a study permit to Study in Canada, and intends to apply under the Student Direct Stream must be enrolled in a publicly funded post- secondary institution, such as a college, trade or technical school, university or CEGEP ( in Quebec).
- Provide an English test like, An IELTS with a minimum score of 6.0 in all four bands
- Provide a copy to payment receipt, for the tuition paid in a year to a designated institution in which you have been offered for admission or enrollment
- Take upfront medical examinations (to be included to your submission) and use Visa Application Center to submit your study permit application under this stream
- AND your GIC certificate, which shows you have secured it to Scotia Bank for your living cost in a year while studying in Canada, which is approximately CA$ 10,000.00 per year as per living cost to study in Canada, in case you will be studying without the accompanying family member(s).
Please note: This Streamlined Process for a study permit in Canada does not apply for those student who intends to do a certain language course preparation in Canada, as such ESL course program or any Intensive English program in Canada, in other words if the student is interested to study English preparation program and in the event they have been offered for admission (LOA) and apply for a study permit, their application will be accepted and assessed under a regular stream as per embassy guidelines.
Meanwhile, in circumstances that you have obtained or purchased your GIC from Scottia bank, but you failed to meet other required documents to qualify for a Student Direct Stream, a student can still submit an application for a study permit in Canada and it will be accepted and assessed under the regular stream.
The Student Direct Stream (SDS) for a study permit in Canada, only streamlined the processed of application for a study permit in Canada and secure that the living cost to study in Canada (along with any other dependent(s) included in the application), has a financial resources available to them while studying in Canada. It would also make it easier for the Visa Officer to assess your application for a study permit in Canada to arrive as to whether to approve your study permit application, though, but it is not a guarantee at all, that you have availed or applied under this SDS, it does not automatically approves your study permit application. Still, they would use the criteria of the acts e.g section 11 (1), section 16 (1) and regulations 220. 1 AND division 2 part 9 of the regulations hence, among others (individual circumstances of the applicant) in determining a reasonable decision as to whether to approve or refused your study permit in Canada.
Source: Study Permit – Manila Visa Office Instructions
Want to know more how to get the approval of your Study Permit in Canada? Whether under the Student Direct Stream or Regular Stream, Contact Visa Online Assistance by sending an e-mail at email@example.com for more information. We may help you to obtain your study permit application to your first application or if you have been previously refused, we may help you to reapply and possibly obtain its approval like: Manila , Singapore and Egypt among many other nationalities. Since, Temporary Visa Refusal to Canada, do not have a formal appeal – unless, otherwise you need to file for a judicial review in Canada as per section 72 of the acts, and this would require you to hire an immigration lawyer in Canada to represent your application, which could cost you of course lot of money apart from lengthy process.